Pippin

8 Jan

Poppy and Pippin

Poppy’s friend Pippin has been having a tough time. Last September she escaped onto a main road and was hit by a car. She managed to limp home dragging her damaged leg and was whisked off straight away for an operation to try to save the leg.

Poppy has very slender legs but her lurcher genes have given her slightly denser bone than a purebred whippet has. Pippin’s legs by contrast are so fine they look almost translucent. After the accident, the bones in her leg were shattered into thousands of pieces. But somehow the wonderful vets have managed to piece them together like a jigsaw and for the last 4 months she has been wearing a metal support.

Pippin with leg brace

Her exercise has been severely curtailed, but like most animals she has stoically accepted her condition and got on with living.

Two more operations later she has just had the metal brace removed. Very gentle exercise for the next six weeks and then she should be up to playing with Poppy again.

Pippin

 

3 Responses to “Pippin”

  1. jebusandandrea at 12:25 pm #

    Aw, what cute doggies. Do they have Cold Laser Therapy in England? I work at a holistic vet’s office in NYC. We use it for a variety of conditions. We mostly see arthritis and musculoskeletal patients. There’s about a 85% dramatic improvement and the other 15% not much. It’s doesn’t hurt. Large dogs the percentage is different since they have more weight to deal with. We do see positive results with easing pain and wound healing. I’m not a vet (more like the holistic assistant and front desk) but it may be worth asking about it. Good Luck and I hope Pippin feels better. Virtual tummy rubs to Poppy and PIppin!

    Like

  2. maijaharrington at 4:00 pm #

    Hi! I’m nominating your blog for a One Lovely Blog Award. I hope you’ll accept. If so, you can find the requirements for accepting the award at my website (I think you can just click on my photo). I’ll be posting it later today, Jan. 21, 2015.
    Best wishes,
    Maija Harrington

    Like

    • poppychat at 12:01 am #

      Thank you so much, Maija. Will try to answer the questions soon.
      I have read your blog with much interest. Good luck with your book and hope your agent finds a good publisher for you soon.

      Like

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: